1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: no tv sound

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by aranvardi, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aranvardi

aranvardi Thread Starter

Hi,I have an Acer Aspire E1-571.I can transfer the computer screen with a HDMI cable to my 42" TV,but not the sound.[I can use the laptop sound] Any ideas?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Idea about why you have this issue: probably your graphics chip does not support sound over HDMI.

Idea about the "fix": use a separate audio cable (example if your TV has RCA jacks).

3. aranvardi

aranvardi Thread Starter

Thanks TerryNet.It did work before,but I have recently returned from 8.1 to 8,so it could be a problem there.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Make sure you remove and replace the cable a couple times and Restart the system at least once ('cause I've "fixed" the same type problem using Windows 7 any number of times).

Could be a problem with the graphics (display) driver? Look for the latest (in this order) on the PC, motherboard or card manufacturer's site.

5. aranvardi

aranvardi Thread Starter

TerryNet. think my reply got lost,so I will say again that I clicked on the 'mixer symbol' on the laptop and the Panasonic TV sound was turned down [it must have happened on coming back from 8.1 to 8.] Thanks for your help.

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You're welcome. :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!