1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: No video from a Intel D915G mobo

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by brainwave89, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. brainwave89

brainwave89 Thread Starter

After replacing my SATA hard drive in a Antec Performance TX640B enclosure with a Intel D915G mobo everything was working great. My OS is Windows 7 Professional. I found some extra ram lying around and decided to see if they were good. After inserting the two sticks the computer didn't turn on. No problem. I removed them and tossed them in the garbage. I restarted the computer and it booted to the desktop.

I did this for a favor for a friend. I returned the desktop to him but now the computer turns on but it has no video. I put in a brand new video card and a video card that I pulled from a working machine but I still don't get any video. I've verified there are no loose cables. I even removed all video cards and used the default VGA option from the mobo but still no video.

Any suggestions on why I have suddenly lost video would be appreciated.

Thank you for looking.

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

What is the full model number of the board? Is this a standard Intel board or a manufacturer proprietary board such as one that would be used in a Dell, Gateway or other OEM machine?

3. brainwave89

Thank you win2kpro.

E210882. It looks as though it is a standard Intel board put into the Antec case.

Edit: Neither my usb mouse or keyboard get power when connected to four USB ports connected to the mobo. I have a four USB card connected to one of the PCI slots and when the mouse is connected to the card it gets power.

Fwiw - the power light on the left-hand side of the Antec case is turquoise.

4. stretch1967

stretch1967

reseat the ram take out each stick and reinstall

5. win2kpro

win2kpro

E210882 is not the model number. The model number would be 915GXX(X) with the XXX being two or three more alpha characters.

6. brainwave89

Thanks win2kpro
    Intel D915G PGN

Thank you stretch1967. The two ram sticks were taken out one at a time and then resettled without any success.

7. win2kpro

win2kpro

Here is a troubleshooting guide for the Intel D915PGN board.

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-030386.htm

Since the board was operative before installing the old memory you can scroll down the troubleshooting list to see if any solution applies to you. I would remove the add-in video card so with troubleshooting you are only dealing with the onboard video.

Initially, the 1st thing I would try would be item #12, i.e. "Perform CMOS Battery procedure". If resetting the BIOS does not solve the problem, then I would go back to item #11, i.e. "Perform BIOS Recovery". If you get to the point of trying a BIOS recovery there are links to the procedure and also a video on BIOS recovery.

It is important to remember that the Intel 915 series boards do not support Windows 7, so using the BIOS recovery would be done strictly at your own risk.

If it were my machine and I had run out of other options I wouldn't hesitate to perform a BIOS recovery although the operating system (Windows 7) is not supported by the board.

8. win2kpro

win2kpro

One additional item. When the machine was operative, during boot was there an Intel "splash" screen displayed or a "splash" screen for Dell, Gateway or another manufacturer?

9. brainwave89

Thank you for all your help win2kpro.

I decided the motherboard was toast. I replaced it with a new one and things are working great.

10. win2kpro

win2kpro

Glad you solved your problem.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971946

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice