Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: No Volume Bar on screen anymore

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  kiaya611 
#1 ·
Not sure if this is the correct area to post this, but I will hope you will forgive me if I am wrong.

I have recently been doing some house-cleaning (removing old programs, cleaning registry, etc.), and now the screen indicators (sound level and mute indicator) are not showing up on my computer anymore. The functions work to adjust the sound and mute it, but the indicators don't show up.

I have a Dell Dimension 8200 using Windows XP SP3 with a GForce Flat Panel monitor, a Turtle Beach "Santa Cruz" sound card and a GE keyboard (it was a keyboard from Dell w/ programmable keys, but it died)...anyway the same driver works fine on the keyboard.

I would appreciate any help that anyone can provide.

Thank you,

Steven

#7 ·
u should have a folder icon in all programs 2 go with ur keyboard & be able 2 redo ur setting or might try going 2 the manufacturers website 4 help. i use a multimedia logitech keyboard & those settings are in all programs. also came with a software disc so might try loading it again.

#8 ·
Tried the Control Panel/Audio Devices thing to no avail. I also retstored the registry back to before I noticed the problem...also to no avail. I don't want to go further back as I was correct other problems and don't want to re-create those.

This is a re-placement keyboard that I got used and I don't have any disks with it. I will check the keyboard folder though.

Is there anything else anyone can think of?

Thanks,

Steven

#9 ·
Well, after some more digging, I found that the driver was a Netropa driver, so I went to Program Files and looked for the Netropa Directory and found a file called OSD.exe and decided to click on it to see what would happen...well, OSD stands for "On Screen Display" and after I started that program, the screen indicators are back!!! I just had to put that file in the Start menu so it would load automatically and now it works fine again.

Thank you all for your help.

Best wishes,

Steven

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.