Solved: No windows updates site!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

stevostin

Hi Guys,
I am running Windows XP Media Centre Edition Sp2. When I try to go to 'windows updates' site I get an 0x8DDD0018, then when I try the fixes in 'services.msc' I get another error 1058. Have looked for answers everywhere and do not want to try anything I am not sure of. PLEASE HELP, I am worried about not getting the latest security updates.
Thanks in advance - Steve

stevostin

Hi there, in 'services.msc' theBITS is running, it is when I turn on windows updates i turn it to automatic, click apply then start- it tries to load something but comes and I get ERROR 1058. Its so frustrating

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online