1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: No wired connection on Belkin router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mrgou, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrgou

mrgou Thread Starter

Hi,

I can get my new PC to connect to my router wirelessly, but not with a wire. I don't get a blinking green light on the ethernet port, but only a continuous orange light. With wi-fi, the PC gets through, obtains an IP address, it's not being blocked on the MAC address...

Now, I have the following reasons to think the problem is in the router:

- It's not only my new PC I can't connect with a wire--any other device, Mac or PC, doesn't work, but works with wi-fi;
    - my old PC connects fine with a wire. I'm using the same wire, on the same Router port when trying with the new one.

Before attempting a factory reset, I'd like to see if anyone can think of anything...

Specs: Belkin F6D4230-4 v1; PC: Windows 7 Home Premium

Thanks!

mrgou

2. mrgou

mrgou Thread Starter

OK, it's now too late to delete this post, so I'll just have to admit I'm lazy. I just had to disable the wireless adapter in Windows...

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Thanks for posting the solution. I would not have arrived at that so quickly, as usually multiple connections will work.

You can mark this solved using the [​IMG] button at the upper left of the page.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1050113

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice