Solved: NOD 32 Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

win2kpro

I used NOD32 AV for a number of years and never had any problems. I always purchase the package for 3 machines for two years at a time. I had to renew at the first of this month, bought the 3 machine package uninstalled the old version 4.x.x.? and installed version 5. When I connected my USB external hard drive to my primary machine to make an image after AV installation, the machine locked up. I tried another USB external drive and the machine locked up again.

I tried the external drives on another machine and they did not lock the machine up, but I got an error message that the USB device failed with both external drives. I uninstalled NOD32 and both machines recognized the external drives and they functioned perfectly.

I really liked NOD32 and would be interested to know if anyone else had a problem with NOD32 AV Version 5 and USB devices. I am running XP Pro, SP3 on all machines, fully patched.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts