Solved: Noisy fan

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

stevostin

Hi Guys,
I recently got my computer back from a repair centre. It is an ACER Aspire 180. It was covered by warranty so I sent it in for repair. It came back with an MSI motherboard instead of an ACER motherboard and now I have this noisy fan which I never had at all with the ACER motherboard. Its annoying as I liked my quiet computer and now when putting it on standby , the fan continues operate which it never did before it went in for repair. It sounds like my old WINDOWS ME computer.
What should I do, do I phone the place I got it and demand an ACER motherboard!!, any suggestions please,:(

Just have the repair center change the fan. The fan noise doesn't have a direct nexus to the board.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Posting follow up. The poster reported the thread instead of replying back to it.

His reply:

Hi ,It turned out I had a SMART fan installed but the settings at the start up menu were not configured to include the MART fan settings, now is nice and quiet and turning at rought 1500rpm instead of 3500

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online