1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Noisy fan

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stevostin, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevostin

stevostin Thread Starter

Hi Guys,
    I recently got my computer back from a repair centre. It is an ACER Aspire 180. It was covered by warranty so I sent it in for repair. It came back with an MSI motherboard instead of an ACER motherboard and now I have this noisy fan which I never had at all with the ACER motherboard. Its annoying as I liked my quiet computer and now when putting it on standby , the fan continues operate which it never did before it went in for repair. It sounds like my old WINDOWS ME computer.
    What should I do, do I phone the place I got it and demand an ACER motherboard!!, any suggestions please,:(

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

Just have the repair center change the fan. The fan noise doesn't have a direct nexus to the board.

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Posting follow up. The poster reported the thread instead of replying back to it.

His reply:

Hi ,It turned out I had a SMART fan installed but the settings at the start up menu were not configured to include the MART fan settings, now is nice and quiet and turning at rought 1500rpm instead of 3500

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699522

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice