1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Non-wired doorbell

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by auntievirus, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. auntievirus

auntievirus Thread Starter

Can someone please advise. I have had to get rid of my doorbell/push. Although it worked when push was activated, it also activated itself of its own accord. It would ring out and when i reached the door, there was no one there. This sometimes ocurred in the middle of the night which was a bit unsettling. Can anyone tell me why this was happening and how to avoid the problem when I get a replacement.
    Thanks

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    there is a spring which keeps the contacts apart - perhaps its just worn out - and the replacement will be fine
    when you push the button is there a lot of resistance at all
    how old is it

3. sixpack

sixpack

I had one of those wireless doorbells and mine did the same thing. . . drove me nuts, I finally changed the battery in the pushbutton (12v battery) and it stopped. . . maybe it works like a smoke detector telling you the battery is getting low?

4. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

The remote control on my car keys activated the wireless door bell on a friend's house!

5. auntievirus

auntievirus Thread Starter

Thank you for your replies. The one about changing the battery in the door push sounds the most logical. I'm going to buy a new one, so we shall see.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084864

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice