Solved: Non-wired doorbell

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

auntievirus

Can someone please advise. I have had to get rid of my doorbell/push. Although it worked when push was activated, it also activated itself of its own accord. It would ring out and when i reached the door, there was no one there. This sometimes ocurred in the middle of the night which was a bit unsettling. Can anyone tell me why this was happening and how to avoid the problem when I get a replacement.
Thanks

etaf

Wayne
there is a spring which keeps the contacts apart - perhaps its just worn out - and the replacement will be fine
when you push the button is there a lot of resistance at all
how old is it

I had one of those wireless doorbells and mine did the same thing. . . drove me nuts, I finally changed the battery in the pushbutton (12v battery) and it stopped. . . maybe it works like a smoke detector telling you the battery is getting low?

1002richards

Retired Trusted Advisor
The remote control on my car keys activated the wireless door bell on a friend's house!

auntievirus

Thank you for your replies. The one about changing the battery in the door push sounds the most logical. I'm going to buy a new one, so we shall see.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online