1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Nonpaged Pool leak (FWPKCLNT.SYS) window 7 x64

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by JackVT, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JackVT

JackVT Thread Starter

Hi there,

I'm experiencing some serious memory leaks. At start up the initial RAM usage is around 18%, after leaving it on for about 12hrs with only background programs, the ram usage just rose to over 80%%. Then it started to lag and freeze, the only way to get back to normal is restart. RAMMap shows that Nonpaged pool is using up all my RAM.

After following this guide here Pushing the Limits of Windows: Paged and Nonpaged Pool - Mark's Blog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs, I used poolmon.exe and strings to find out the culprit is FWPKCLNT.SYS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (these pics were taken after 3hrs ontime)

Any idea how to fix this problem? Any help would be most appreciated!!!
    Oh and I'm using Window 7 Home Premium x64 SP1

2. hssonline

hssonline

3. JackVT

JackVT Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1067061