1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Norton Corporate Edition 2000, 7.61.935

Discussion in 'General Security' started by Help!123, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Help!123

Help!123 Thread Starter

Hi,

I have two questions. First, I bought a Toshiba laptop second hand and Norton Corporate Edition 2000 was installed on it. I tried to do an uninstall but at the add/remove program there is no remove button. I went to the Symantec website but there is no information on getting rid of an old program. Can anyone please tell me how to get rid of this program? Second, my AVG will not update the anti-virus file now. Can someone tell me how to fix this? Thanks,

Help!123

2. TOGG

TOGG

The instructions for manually uninstalling the Norton Corporate Version 7 no longer seem to be available on the Symantec site.

You can get the ones relating to the Symantec Corporate Version 8, but I have no idea if they would be safe to follow; http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...001045512474266&nsf=sunset-c2002kb.nsf&view=0 I don't think the change of name is at all relevant because they were probably in the process of dropping the Norton name from their products. The key question is whether the information relating to V 8 will also apply to your V 7.6?

If you should decide to take the chance and use these instructions, be sure to follow the advice about backing up your Registry etc.

I don't know anything about AVG but lots of people here use it so someone should be able to help you. I wonder if the Norton/Symantec installation is interfering with AVG in some way?.

3. Help!123

Help!123 Thread Starter

Dear Togg,

Thanks so much for your quick response. I will check on trying this out after waiting a short while to see if there are any other responses. Thanks again,

Help!123

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647719

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice