1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: nortor 360 problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by redcap16, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. redcap16

redcap16 Thread Starter

I have a dell desktop computer, I have loaded the latest version of norton 360. The version of norton I had before I had no problems with. This version keeps going red and will not repair. I noticed there were 2 cookies found that were a problem however the norton stated there were no fixes for this problem. why is the program going red.

2. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

Is it waiting for you to activate your entitlement to use the download?

3. redcap16

redcap16 Thread Starter

what does that mean. I am a novice at computers. I have used the registration code for the program when originally loading the norton.

4. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

That's OK then so perhaps it's waiting for updates to make sure it has the latest threats in the database. Is this on the machine you're posting from? If not, can that machine go online?

5. redcap16

redcap16 Thread Starter

I would like to thank you very much, as you stated in the last email, it must have been waiting to get the lates update. After uninstalling and reinstalling several times because of the problem, it finally started to update on the last install and the norton is now green.

6. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

Good - glad you've sorted it. It think it's God and works in strange ways but sometimes it gets there in the end.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916600

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice