1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Not able to ping router - Please Help!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by SkylineGT-R, Sep 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SkylineGT-R

SkylineGT-R Thread Starter

O.S - Windows Vista
    Router - Belkin F5D8236-4
    When I check with PFPortChecker, it says "We were not able to ping your router" I have done everything correctly, or maybe I thought I have. Please help me, I do not know what's wrong. I have try 69.165.255.1 a default gateway but it just goes to Unidentified Network and I can't access the Internet. Please help! Screen Shot
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

Your router just may not be responding to pings from the outside (ie PFPortChecker)... since you are able to log into the router, there is no issues there.

What are you trying to achieve here?

3. SkylineGT-R

I am using Tunngle to play online games. When I enter the lobby, while I do see there is people in it

Ex.25/300, I only see myself when I enter the room. I have recently moved back to my Apartment for school from my Parents

house and during my time at my Parents house it worked fine, everybody showed up in the room and all

is okay. Now I am back to my Apartment using a different router, set-up the Static IP correctly and Port

Forwarded correctly also but I am not seeing anybody in the room. I know it is not my PC's fault or at

least I don't think so because it worked well before and I haven't changed anything to it. I've realized the

it could ping the Router at my Parents (Belkin F5D7230-4) but it said it could not ping the Router at my

Apartment (Belkin F5D8236-4) and I figured that could be the problem. I have tried Tunngle's

troubleshooting but it still is the same, it really has been confusing me for a couple of days now.

4. SkylineGT-R

I have figured it out. The problem is NOT to Port Forward it in the first place. Sorry to have wasted your time, I appreciate you taking the time to post on the thread. Thank you and take care.

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

no problem :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1016366