1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Not Enough Free Disk Space - but there is!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Doggan, Oct 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Doggan

Doggan Thread Starter

I am trying to transfer a 4GB file to my external hard drive, which is said to have (under My Computer) 46.3GB free. It keeps giving me a "Cannot copy file... not enough free disk space. Delete one or more files to free up space then try again"... error.

I've rebooted, and I am sure there is more than 4GB free on the hard drive. Any ideas? Is there some max size for a file that you can transfer to a hard drive? I've never heard of that.. but I guess anything is possible.

Thanks for reading!

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

3. Doggan

Doggan Thread Starter

Thanks for that link! That's the problem: It is a Fat32 partition. Now to figure out how to break up the file ;)

4. rasputinj

rasputinj

Why don't you just convert the partition to NFTS?

5. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/409123