Solved: Not enough space on disk?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Minmaster

Anyone....
Trying to send out an email to someone with an attachment.
But when uploading, i get an error message saying that
I don't have enough space on disk...
What could I do? HELP... :(

One way is to double click on My Computer
Then right click on your C: drive and select properties

18 gigs is great, but the problem may be that your email service wont let you upload that large of an attachment. How big is the attachment and what email service are you using??? :cool:

Minmaster

The document is only 55 KB, and shouldn't be that much of a problem, but it is...
I'm using MS Outlook and have since been deleting all my unnecessary mail and clutter and still this stupid error comes up with not enough disk space...
I know there is a way to increase my mailbox size within MS Outlook, but I forgot how..Any suggestions....

A 55K attachment should not be a problem as far as your ISP is concerned.

Do you know how big your current PST file is? There is no way to manually set any size as far as I know. There is something like a 2 gig size limit for a PST file but have often seen problems when it gets around half that size.

You can either search for it on the computer or in Outlook, go to the Personal Folders, right click, then click on Folder Size.

You also might want to click on the Advanced button and Compact Now button as well.

So your using outlook? Open up the Email service provider instead of using outlook. Like if you use Gmail in outlook, go to gmail.com and login and attach files there. If your email service provider doesnt allow attachments, outlook isnt going to enable it. If you don't know if file attachments are even allowed in your emails, check their website. That may fix it. If not, I'm here for a bit. Get it, bit, lmao, just kidding, baaad joke...........awkward silence........ (y)

Minmaster

Could it be the site that I am trying to send my attachment to is the problem, not me?

Sounds like Outlook should be able to handle a 55k attachment, especially if this problem just started happening.

Is it every e-mail you are trying to send attachments to or just to one account that is having problems?

Can you send yourself a file attachment?

Can people send you an attachment?

Can you give the exact wording on the error message?

Feel free to send me an e-mail with an attachment:
[email protected]

If it is the site, your file will probably send normally, and within five minutes you'd get an automated email back from the DAEMON. If right after you click send and it says that, no. What service are you using for email?

Minmaster

Hey REAPER...
I don't know what I did but, went to my EMAIL service provider instead of OUTLOOK and then it did some configuing when I asked it to scan my email accounts/settings, and then I re-tried the upload and this time with success....
MAN, just to send out this document....THks guys...
PS: Nice joke LOL, REAPER...So I guess I won't be one taking up your time on-line...
Can't wait until Gmail comes!!!!!!!! :)

Hey PM me with your email, I'll give you an Gmail free, they gave me 50 and I have 48 left. I'll give u a couple if u want

oh and your welcome, im new here, helping people feels nice (y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online