1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Not Enough Video Memory????

Discussion in 'Games' started by AlMujtahid, Nov 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AlMujtahid

AlMujtahid Thread Starter

I just installed Tiger Woods Pga 2002 and tried to run it. However I get a message that says not enough video memory.

I have attached screenshots of the two error windows. Anybody why I get these messages and why I cannot run the game?

Thanks for any help.

Quick Specs:
    P4 2.4 GHz
    1GB Ram
    256MB video card

Attached Files:

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

What video card do you have? What operating system? What service pack level?

3. AlMujtahid

Video Card: PNY GeForce FX 5600 256MB

4. Abomonog

Abomonog

What version of DX are you running? if it's reasonably up to date (9b or better) you may need to reinstall dx or update your video drivers. Run dxdiag.exe and see how much video memory it thinks you have.

5. AlMujtahid

I am running DirectX 9.0c. I just updated my video driver to the latest from nvidia.

Here are some of the test results. Do you need anything else?

Attached Files:

6. Abomonog

Abomonog

Enopugh to tell me that the game can't count. According to your diag DX is reporting that you have 256 megs of video ram. Did you uninstall your older driver before you updated you vid card drivers? Remnants of older drivers would be my first guess at your problem.

7. AlMujtahid

Not sure. Never installed a driver in the first place. I just reformatted my HD and installed the driver. I did not remove any previous driver, or driver that comes with XP. How would I do that?

8. Elvandil

Elvandil

The game won't run on a video card with more than 128 megs of memory. There is a patch for the Mac, and ATI addressed the issue with the Catalyst 4.11 drivers, but I haven't seen a fix for NVidia.

9. Elvandil

Elvandil

10. AlMujtahid

version of what is 1.0 or 1.1?

How do I check it?

11. Elvandil

Elvandil

Your game. It may say on the package or the CD. But it is usually in Help, About inside the program itself.

You could try following the shortcut that starts the game and see what version the file is by right-clicking it. Find the EAGames folder, probably in Program Files, then the Tiger Woods folder. Inside that may be some files you can read, maybe even a ReadMe file. You can also try right-clicking the exe in that folder.

But, if I were you, I'd just try installing the patch. The game can't get broken now, can it? All you would need to do if the patch didn't work would be to uninstall it.

12. Elvandil

Elvandil

13. Elvandil

Elvandil

14. Abomonog

Abomonog

Well, now we know the problem is in the game and not your system.

15. AlMujtahid

Thanks much Abomonog and Elvandil. The problem was like you said. The game did not support my graphics card and the update/patch did the trick. Thanks again.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/300775