1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Not getting images in email and web pages

Discussion in 'General Security' started by puterjunkie4ever, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. puterjunkie4ever

puterjunkie4ever Account Closed Thread Starter

I have windows xp, sp2 and all I get for images is a red "x". I really don't know what to do to get my images. Please help if you can.

2. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

Check this out. Tools>options>advanced and under Multimedia see if "Show pictures" is ticked.

3. puterjunkie4ever

I have gone to "images" forum and got suggestions like....click show images. I also went another place to try to get answers. The suggestion there is that it might be my firewall settings. My firewall is on, but I don't know how to get to the settings. Are they saying go to internet options and click on security setting and make that higher in order to see my images. I'm totally confused at this point. If I can get any help I would appreciate it. Again, how do I get to my firewall settings. I'm suppose to (I think) unclick "web pages". Please help.

4. puterjunkie4ever

sorry I have done that and it doesn't help....any other suggestions.

5. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

6. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

What's your antivirus?

7. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

puterjunkie4ever

I have Merged the two threads you had doing for this same question into just one thread. Our site allows just one thread for one issue, please make all replies in this one thread for this issue.

8. puterjunkie4ever

I don't know why this has become an infraction. My original problem didn't have anything to do with security (that I know of). Then as I was goggleing my problem I found out that it could also be a security problem. So I went to security. I feel that this is alittle unfair. I had two separate problems. No images, the other security. What was I suppose to do? I'm trying to stay away from infractions. I need the help (at times) from tech support guy

9. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

What's your antivirus?

10. Byteman

I'm basing this Infraction on the fact that you were also given one back a ways ago (06-Oct-2010 for multiple posting....so it isn't a new thing to you.

Here's a link to our Rules >>> http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

The Security settings you mentioned you thought were part of the problem, are not the same as general security issues like malware, preventing malware, etc they control what your browser does. If you have a firewall problem, that would be covered in the one single thread if someone helped you try to fix the issue. It's a very common, well documented problem to have the red "X".

You posted the same question twice in the same forum. I simply Merged the two into one......... You COULD have deleted your own thread, (inside of our time limit to do so) ....or you could have asked a Moderator to so, or you could have asked that the first thread be Closed.....or Moved. That's one thing we are here for. Thes Infractions do expire after several months....they are not permanent.

You can appeal the Infraction if you like with one of the Admins.....

11. puterjunkie4ever

I still feel that you are being unfair about this.....my first infraction was mainly because I didn't understand. I gave considerable consideration not to make an infraction again. I made an inquiry in the photography/images forum. When I learned that it could be a security problem. I listed it under General Security. I really feel that this was not done in a manner to try to go over anyones head in order to get an answer. I was not trying to be slick. I honestly tried to just get the answer to what I thought were two diferrent questions and applied the questions in what I thought was the correct forum. If I thought this would have been a problem I would have just stayed under the first forum which was photography/images. I still would have gotten I would hope an answer. Thank you.

12. puterjunkie4ever

unclick "web bugs".....sorry

13. Byteman

You are not understanding why I gave an Infraction.

You had two threads going about the same problem. We do not allow multiple threads.....whether they are located in different forums or not. Digital Software and Imaging is a forum and General Security is a forum.

You had two threads open regarding the almost exact same content: (These are the first posts of each thread that I Merged tonight)

You did not need to start a new thread, someone could have helped you about the firewall in the same thread.

Your main question was about the pictures not working....indeed this was the subject for both threads.

If there had been a longer time period between one and the second threads, the first one would have been closed automatically, not by any Moderator..... and you would be "in the clear".

And, though you may resent my saying so, you are blowing this way out of proportion, it is nothing terrible, you have been corrected and those 2 infractions will expire as I told you.

14. puterjunkie4ever

Being the novice that I am in tech support guy, couldn't you have at least given me a warning....not an infraction. This seems like a hard pill to swallow. Now I have two infraction....one expires in I think April. I don't know what time this one will expire. If I keep going at this rate, I won't be allowed in tech support anymore. I have always and even relied on tech support. The knowledge that it's members have is astonishing. They have helped me in so many ways to learn and to get out of trouble. Not be in trouble. I have no choice but to surrender to what has happened.

15. puterjunkie4ever

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976344

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice