1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: not sure witch graphics card to buy?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bob_306, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bob_306

bob_306 Thread Starter

i need to buy a graphics card for my computer because i only got a onboard one and its not good enough to run my games but im not sure witch type is right 4 my computer. i think my main board is AMD Athlon

2. norton850

norton850

Hi

In order to answer you we need to know what you have for a MB. Do you have a brand system like a Dell or HP or did someone build it?

3. bob_306

bob_306 Thread Starter

i ran the directx diagnostic tool and under system manufacturer it says NVIDIA

4. norton850

norton850

Download and run this utility and see what you can find out about your system
    Everest

5. bob_306

bob_306 Thread Starter

Motherboard ID nVidia-nForce (there r more stuff like numbers but not putting full id up)
    Motherboard Name Albatron KM18G Pro

6. norton850

norton850

7. bob_306

bob_306 Thread Starter

yes from the pic it looks like that

8. norton850

norton850

OK. You do have what looks like an 8x AGP slot. There are a couple of other things to consider. A new video card will definitely be an improvement over your onboard video, but it looks like your system is about 3 years old(??) So you will be able to run more games and run them with more bells and whistles although the latest games might be unplayable. Another consideration is your power supply. Take a look at it. Can you see how many Watts it has?

9. bob_306

bob_306 Thread Starter

its 350w

10. norton850

norton850

I sent you a PM.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542163

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice