1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Nothing beyond test page

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 4dsmom, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 4dsmom

4dsmom Thread Starter

I have a Dell All in One printer Model 924, using in Windows 7. It worked fine until I changed the black ink cartridge. I used a refiiled one, which I suspect may be what is causing my problem. My problem is that it printed the test page fine, and now when I go to print anything at all in black it has the message that ink is low and do I want to use the option of using the color cartridge to print the black. I say "no" to print from the black cartridge. It just prints another test page and refuses to print the document it was supposed to do. The test page prints fine. No where in the manual does it give any information on the problem I am having. Does anyone have any idea what is going on?? I have used refilled cartridges before with no problem.

2. C141

C141

3. 4dsmom

4dsmom Thread Starter

thanks, will try and get back to you asap.

4. 4dsmom

4dsmom Thread Starter

The first site you recommended was no help because I could not access the "tool box". There is no listing for the All-in-one-Center, and I even searched the installation disc.. But the second site did solve the problem. I followed the directions and it does now print, but I still get the low ink warning. I guess trying to save a few bucks by using refills aren't worth the hassle. Thank you very much for your help and Happy New Year. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083461

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice