Solved: Nothing on screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

joeyDneedshelp

My friend gave me his computer to look at, but i cant seem to get anywhere other than think it's a power problem.
It's an HP laptop, and whenever you turn it on, just the lights go on. Nothing on screen.
No BEEP either.
Any ideas? thanks!

etaf

Wayne
take the power lead out
take the batter out
Hold the power switch down for 60 seconds

etaf

Wayne
if you press f2 or f10 or del key
anything happen - can you get into bios

try with just the power lead - no battery

joeyDneedshelp

No I can't get into anything. There is no boot logo or anything. And yeah i tried without battery : (

etaf

Wayne
have you left it a while to charge a little
i cant think of anything else to try

joey,
that computer is one of a family of notebooks which have similar problems, according to your pm.
read my post in thread 'whose bios?' where i describe a solution which may work for you. regards... g.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online