1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Notice of "Low Disk Space"

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by referee07, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. referee07

referee07 Thread Starter

I frequently get a notice that the disk space on my D drive is low and asking me if I want to clear up some space by using the cleaning utility that came with Windows XP Home Edition. This disk is my secondary drive and I know the space is low. Is there a way that I can get rid of this annoying notice that appears on my screen every so often? Thanks.

2. dogbonz

dogbonz

Hi referee07,

The "clean up unnecessary files" is safe to use. You can also add
    choices in the list of what's to be deleted. You can also safely
    remove all temporary files... Search for "*.tmp" (without quotes)
    and delete those.

Also the trash bin standard setting is 10% of your drive. I would
    adjust that downward to 2 % on all drives.

And, of course, you can delete some things that you really don't
    need, or put them on a CD if you have a burner. Hope that helps.

3. referee07

referee07 Thread Starter

dogbonz, thanks for the reply. When I do click on the disk cleanup icon and run through the program it shows that 0% of the disk space will be recovered because I have run this clean up program recently. I know that the disk space is low. I recently backed up my main (C) drive to this smaller drive and I know that there is low disk space. I plan to get an external 80GB drive soon upon which to back my main drive but for now I have stuff-packed the smaller (D) drive. I would just like to get rid of the "The disk space on D drive is low" warning that keeps popping up. I thought that maybe there was someplace in Windows that I could turn the warning off. Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276467

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice