1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Novell server maintanence

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by techntraining, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. techntraining

techntraining Thread Starter

i am starting soon working with novell servers. most of them are for storage of documents, pictures, and other things of that manner. does anyone know where to find good reference material to this? i have searched and searched and found mostly references for setting up the servers not maintanin them.

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

3. techntraining

i have heard that they are as you put rock hard. It seems like the only time they crash or go down is if to much is saved to the hard drive if they have one. since one is at a high school there are alot of kids that send messages improperly and send it to every one logged on to novel and attached to that server and it slows down but it lasts for like an hour then picks back up so yeah. thanks for the links by the way

4. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

They let students use the Send Message Utility. That was a big no no when I worked for the school district. We locked that down so students couldn't use it.

5. techntraining

you can lock that feature that would help us alot. because we don't let theml some much as they do it to be "cool" or "funny" i will have to look into if it will lock down or not.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644099

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice