1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: nt authority\system issue???

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Cell, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cell

Cell Thread Starter

i am running xp pro and i was trying to run ad-aware when i got a message saying that my computer was going to shutdown. it says the system is shutting down, it was initiated by NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM. It also says the RPC (remote procedure call service) was terminated unexpectedly. i thought it might be a virus so i used anti-vir to check for a virus and got nada. can anyone tell me how to get rid of this??

2. SacsTC

SacsTC

Sounds like either the sasser or blaster worm.

3. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

4. Cell

Cell Thread Starter

i ran that program and it said the blaster worm was not found on my computer...

5. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

6. Cell

Cell Thread Starter

after i tried the first program i ran ad-aware again and it seemed to be fine. so does that mean the virus is gone or should i still try this other one too...(i would try it but i am at work so i cant.)

7. Cell

Cell Thread Starter

not sure why this got moved here but all is well now.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324764

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice