1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Nt authority\system shutdown

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Ivs1343, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ivs1343

Ivs1343 Thread Starter

Hi .. After re-installing windows and AVG SpybotS&D &AdAware2008 then updated all windows updates also updated AVG & Spybot & Adaware after doing this I then ran avg then spybot with no problems then ran adaware2008 after leaving it to run for 54 mins it found 1 threat and i took it had froze .. after canceling scan nothing happened so turned off my laptop (HP pavilion zt1141s 1.2ghz 256 ram) and restarted but then got the following message on the blue logon screen ..

System shutdown initiated by NT Authority/system System must restart because DCOM server process launcher terminated unexpectedly

.. And now Just stops on blue logon screen with windows logo/flag ..
    wont boot into safe mode or anything !!

Please help Cheers Ivs :eek:

2. Ivs1343

Ivs1343 Thread Starter

3. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

Go to start, type in shutdown -a and press enter. That should stop the shutdown.

On a clean install I don't understand why you would be running malware scanners.:confused:

4. Ivs1343

Ivs1343 Thread Starter

I ran scanners as I had been on internet to update Windows AVG and everything else

5. Ivs1343

Ivs1343 Thread Starter

couldnt get into windows to type in what you replied .. so had to reinstall again .. now everything is running fine

6. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

(y) Excellent fix! :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759175

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice