Solved: NTLDR Missing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

silverseed71

I have my moms computer and her HD went bad, so I put another one in and was attempting to install XP Pro. I have XP Pro SP1, SP2, and SP3. They are all giving me the same error.

Any ideas?

Are you having the computer boot from the installation CD? It is more than likely a BIOS or boot option to boot from CD. If you have a COA sticker on the computer you have to have the same OEM version of the OS on CD that matches the sticker. NTLDR messages are more than likely from failed attempts to install unless your new hard drive already has an OS on it.

As long as you have a valid license key for the installation you should not have any issues. Have you set the BIOS to boot from CD?

silverseed71

I do have valid copies and it is set right in BIOS. This is such an old system. Dell D600. Not even a SATA drive.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.