1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Number lock coming on at start up!!!!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by bubz7471, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bubz7471

bubz7471 Thread Starter

When I boot up my PC and get to the sign in page to access my desktop my Number Lock button is always on and I have to turn it off to type in my password is there anyway to stop this as it has only started doing it recently? Cheers in advance!!

2. Saxon

Saxon

Here's a Registry fix, click on Start> Run, in the Run box type Regedit clock OK. In the Registry menu click Edit>Find. In the Find box type InitialKeyboardIndicators, click on Find Next. Here's where you have to be careful, you are looking for two instances of InitialKeyboardIndicators which have a value such as 0, or 1, or 2. If you find any other instances with different values, ignore them. When found double click on the value and change to 0 (zero) in each case. Reboot your computer the Num Lock light should now be off.

3. MMJ

MMJ Guest

It might be in your bios.

4. bubz7471

bubz7471 Thread Starter

Thank you both the problem has been rectified!!! Cheers(y)

5. MMJ

MMJ Guest

I'd appreciate if you could tell us what fixed it. :) ;)

Thanks. :)

6. bubz7471

bubz7471 Thread Starter

Sorry m8 yes it was Saxons remedy did exactly what he said and hey presto job done!!!:D

7. MMJ

MMJ Guest

Great, it is always nice to know the solution. :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544591

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice