1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Numerous vista issues. Need help.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by paranoia0954, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. paranoia0954

paranoia0954 Thread Starter

For one, trying to install halo 2: The installer service could not be accessed or is installed incorrectly... bla bla... and, trying to update.. i get a random error error code: 8024A000 please help.. this is annoying ^^ also I can't manually start Windows installer.. it generates "Error code: 5 the something about inappropriate permission" and i already did the takeown /f C:\ cacls ....... any suggestions edit: cannot.. CANT. 100% UNABLE to access ANYTHING.... "you may not have the appropriate permissions..." and i even choose run as administrator... my account is an administrator... is my only option to reformat????? cant... make a .reg and add it cant open regedit... nothing

2. new tech guy

new tech guy

When did this start? If very recently, a good place to start is system restore.

3. paranoia0954

restore has been disabled.. and all this started 30 min ago... actually i wouldnt know because it says "cannot access (restore name.exe) inappropriate permissions

4. paranoia0954

worked fine in safe mode... i downloaded some .reg to fix windows installer... and i had to delete msiserver... im gonna see if it works.,.. but what will i do now?

5. new tech guy

new tech guy

What happens if you create another account on the pc and try to set that as administrator? Does it give the same issues? What did you do last before the problems started?

6. paranoia0954

Solved, reformatted.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759573

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice