1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Nvidia 9600 GSO video Card on a Dell Inspiron 531

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by big-tony, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. big-tony

big-tony Thread Starter

I just got my Nvidia Geforce 9600 GSO pcie video card in the mail today and hooked it up to my pci express slot in my Dell Inspiron 531 computer and when i powered on my computer ,all I got was a real loud screeching sound so I turned the computer off, On my video card it has a power connector slot but I cant find where to plug it in at and i think maybe with my computer model what i am needing to plug it in is not included due to them saving money and not including old connectors..

2. BG-0

BG-0

It's not an old connector. It's the new(ish) PCI-E 6-pin power connector, standard to any quality power supply today. And anyways, your card wouldn't propably run with the Dell's crappy low-power crap-quality power supply even if it had a PCI-E 6-pin connector.

I have posted two good power supplies in the other thread..

3. big-tony

big-tony Thread Starter

what would be a compatible power supply i could buy under $60 that i could replace the dell power supply and my video card work ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/766328

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice