1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] nvidia & ATI video card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GuyC, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GuyC

GuyC Thread Starter

Since I installed a new nvidia video card (3D Blaster 4 Titanium 4200) in replacement of an older ATI , I have problems with this [email protected]!?&@ blue screen ( IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) after 15 minutes of normal use.
    Everthing works great in safe mode, but I want my new video card :)
    Is there a possibilty to remove some drivers to avoid a hard disk format ?-)
    I'm using windows 2000 with a Dual 710 MHz Pentium III and a memory of 256 MB.

Thanks

Guy.

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Nvidia cards must have a IRQ allocated to them in the bios, make sure this bios option is enabled or you will recieve errors such as the ones your experienceing.

3. GuyC

GuyC Thread Starter

Found in device manager : IRQ 16
    What now ?

4. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Is there a option that says "assign IRQ to VGA" ?
    Is this a PCI card or a AGP card?

It may be a shared IRQ that's causeing trouble.

5. Ash_11

Ash_11

Did you uninstall the ATI software before installing the NVidea?

6. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    710MHZ ? are you overclocking?

Did you uninstall the ATI drivers/software first. What kind of motherboard, power supply do you have? You can try installing the latest NVIDIA drivers, sometimes that does the trick as does installing the latest chipset drivers for the mainboard.

Do you have any tenmperature/voltage monitoring features in the BIOS, if so check these.

8. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Hmmm, never thought of that, it could be the power suppy isn't strong enough to support the new vid card.

9. GuyC

GuyC Thread Starter

Hello folks !

I changed power supply (was on UPS System)

Exact message is :
    ***STOP : 0x0000000A (0xE15AE468,0x00000002,
    0x00000000,0x804EA469) IRQL_NPT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I'm not overclocked

ATI was completely uninstalled

Greetings from Belgium !

Guy.

10. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Did you read thru the link I provided earlier?

A Stop 0xA message might occur after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a Stop message lists a driver by name, disable, remove, or roll back the driver to correct the problem. If disabling or removing drivers resolves the issues, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools.

A Stop 0xA message might also be due to failing or defective hardware. If a Stop message points to a category of devices (video or disk adapters, for example), try removing or replacing the hardware to determine if it is causing the problem.

11. GuyC

GuyC Thread Starter

Thanks to everybody !!
    It was a software problem : the nvidia drivers were too recent for the video card. I found the solution on the site www.creative.com

And thanks to the webmaster.

Guy.

12. GHeuett

GHeuett

Hi Guy,

With great excitement I found your thread via a Google search. I have been going through the same problem for 3 months. I loaded Win XP on my Dell Dimension 4100 after a total ME crash. This machine has an NVIDIA GeForce 2MX/MX 400 32 MB. Mine did the same deal - 15 minutes of inactivity and it would blue screen and reboot. Its driving me crazy. Neither Dell nor Microsoft have been able to figure it.

Based on your progress, I went to the Dell website and loaded their drivers which are earlier than the drivers loaded under XP. Still having the problem. I went to the Creative web site but did not see a solution. Appreciate further info as to what you loaded. The driver I downloaded is version 2.1.8.3 dated 9/14/2001. It replaced one dated 5/3/2002 version 2.9.4.2.

Thanks for your bleeding edge assistance!!

Gib Heuett

13. ChuckG

ChuckG

GHeuett- May I suggest that you start a new thread describing your problem. You'll get much better response.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/128905

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice