1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Nvidia GTX560 se Overscan Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nale2221, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nale2221

nale2221 Thread Starter

Hello

I have a evga Gtx560 se and an Emerson (FUNAI) tv model no. lc260me2. As always when connecting pcs to tvs, I get this problem. The picture is cut off on all sides and everything looks like ***. :/ I believe the tv is at fault here, as in the user manual it specifies three format options for a pc connected through HDMI 1. However, when veiewng the format menu i am presented with the five formating options for regular HDMI signals. Is there any way to get this thing to recognize the pc as a pc?

Running windows 8 pro

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    The nVidia drivers and the ATI (CCC) drivers have features specifically for TV's. One of those features is for overscan. I don't recall the location of the overscan options in the nVidia drivers, but I'm sure it's still there. Also, in regards to TV's, you need to keep in mind that there are differences between computers and video equipment. Just because they use common connectors/cables, doesn't make them totally compatible. TV's expect the input signal to be a TV spec signal (ie: 480P, 720P, 1080P), and computer users don't always use standard resolutions, thus connectivity issues arise.

Set the screen resolution for the TV output to a TV spec resolution, preferably the native resolution of the screen (for the best picture). Then if you still have overscan issues, adjust it in the video setup (nVidia drivers) on the PC.

3. nale2221

nale2221 Thread Starter

Hey, Thanks for the speedy reply.
    The output is 1920 by 1080, but not at the moment since it renders text abhorrently unreadable. It seems to me that the problem is the TV itself. The manual shows pictures of a menu item called "PC options" as well as an input for "PC" The tv doesn't have a vga or dvi port and it specifically says that it has special accomodations for pcs if pluged into HDMI 1. I tried to update the frimware, but it's already up to date. Skyrim looks ok, though. I've messed around with the nvidia options but ill do a little more research

4. nale2221

nale2221 Thread Starter

Odd; I loaded up mass effect and the picture was crystal clear. The resolution was set the 1360x768. I did so on my desktop and viola! Perfect picture, only everything looks very very big as this is a 26" tv XD. Any suggestions on how to make things smaller while retaining clarity?

5. nale2221

nale2221 Thread Starter

6. Rearden

Rearden Banned

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090750

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice