1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Nvidia newest Driver on my Card Locking up Warcraft

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by etherdose, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. etherdose

etherdose Thread Starter

First Name:
    Michael
    Heya

I have an Nvidia Gforce GTX 660. It was acting a little glitchy when I play World of Warcraft so I went to their website and noticed that very recently they released a new driver set for it. I run Win 7 and after a few clicks I was well on my way to downloading and then installing this new driver for my hardware graphics card. Now, a few days later, Warcraft runs even worse, (if at all,) and it throws an error on my screen right before kernal locking my system. Is/was there a more stable driver set I should be using? What should I do?

Please help.

Thank you. :confused: :(

2. replay

replay

U could always roll back to the previous driver
    Have u cleaned out the fan on the video card lately

3. etherdose

etherdose Thread Starter

First Name:
    Michael
    So I did a roll back but it did me no good.

Frustrated, I got out the old shop vac and switched the hose to the blowing side. I unplugged all the stuff from my computer, opened it up, and went outside. On with the vacuum and LOTS of white dust and clouds of junk came out. I blasted all the fans and the card real good. I even got the power supply real good. All until it was dust free. I then hooked back up my computer and started Warcraft and so far....so good. It's hard to believe that it was most likely because my fans and heat sinks were dirty.

Thanks! Stayed logged in Warcraft for about 30 minutes and still no problems.

;-)

4. replay

replay

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148716

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice