1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Nvidia TwinView error shutdown

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Toti, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

HI guys ;
    this is my situation , every time I shutdown Windows XP, I get a NVIDIA shutdown window. It starts closing the application then goes into not responding, preventing a shutdown of the TwinView :confused:

Any knows how to get rid of this or how to turn it off or uninstall it? I dont even have a dual monitor setup, thnks for help.

:(
    Toti

2. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

Anyone ? guys ?
    Do i need to reinstall the driver or there is a way to disable that function of Nvidia TwinView ?
    My roomate is having the same trouble as me, is very anoying , I try deleting the file from Sustem 32 but it says it cant be delete it , cause my computer is using it, but I dont even use it, I dont have 2 monitors conected, so why should I need this program, I try to disable it into the Task manager in processes but it dont even appear in there.
    Im trying to do my homework here , I search the internet for an answer about this but havent had sucess at the moment, so if someone had this experinece before pls. give a me a clue , a hint , or were to disable , thnsk a lot guys .
    Pls forgive my english, not my first lenguaje.

Toti
    :(

3. The Hound

The Hound

Try this:
    Click start, run, type msconfig ,click ok.
    On the general tab, click 'selective startup'.
    On the startup tab, uncheck all boxes next to programs that say NV...(Nvcpl, Nwiz, etc.)
    Click apply, ok, and reboot.

4. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

ok thanks I will try this fix right now The Hound
    I wil be right back .

Toti

5. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

The Hound (y) (y)

Thank you very much , it worked !! is fixed no more error shutdown message.

I disable the entry that said " nwiz" reboot and I try normal shutdown again and the message error it's gonne :) now I will try this in my roomate computer.

-----------------------------------------
    Now pls. if is not to much to ask :eek:
    I have a question for you , maybe u can answer this one , why suddenly this message appears in my desktop ? could be my new antispayware software? I have spyware doctor and Antivir.
    When I installed teh new diriver I didnt disable my antivirus or my antispaware, could that be my error ? and the reason of this message at shuitdown ?:confused:

You were very kind to respond and help me The Hound.

Toti
    "happy girl ":)

6. The Hound

The Hound

Glad to help. It could be the new programs--something was keeping NVidia from unloading at shutdown. Your computer should run fine without the nwiz--keep the antispyware and antivirus as they are.

Please use the thread tools at the upper right to mark this thread solved...

7. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

OH I see ........ :D

So the prob. is the new antispyware Doctor Spyware, because Antivir never give me troubles with any software or driver of Nvidia nor Spybot , I'm glad to read that is something that can be solved using the settings of the DoctorSpyware software (y) to ignore the TwinView of Nividia " nwiz" program.

We just did the other computer and all is Ok now, thnks to you , my roomate send you Xoxo me as well and appreciatte the Help ;)

I will post this treath as Solved and hopefuly this help another ppl .
    thnks. The Hound

Sincerly
    Toti n' roomate
    Happy Girls
    :p

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593915

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice