1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Nvidia Video Card Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sk8stlpunk, Oct 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sk8stlpunk

sk8stlpunk Thread Starter

I was in my dorm yesterday and i decided to hook up my TV to my video card and do dual monitor. . . i have one problem i left my driver disk at home and i need a file (nv_4mini.sys) But like i said i am at college and cant get home anytime soon to get the CD with the files on it. . . I cant seem to find the file Any one who may know where i could find this file on-line or if someone could email it to me it would be awesome!!

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You shouldn't need to install anything to hook up additional displays.

But you can go to Nvidia's website and download their latest driver, since its complaining about a Nvidia driver file.

Here's the latest driver: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_81.85.html

3. sk8stlpunk

sk8stlpunk Thread Starter

well i fixed the problem without updating the drivers (i was nervous about updadting the drivers because last time i did my computer didnt like it and crashed real hard) . . . but then once i had it working i figured i might as well try to update and hope for the best. Glad to report Everything is great it works well and im friggin amped i can watch a movie and surf the internet at the same time!!
    thanks for the help
    Two thumbs way up for this forum!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/409971

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice