1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: NZXT Phantom White Case & Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H MB Connections?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by halcour, Jun 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. halcour

halcour Thread Starter

I'm putting a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H ATX LGA1155 mb into a NZXT Phantom White ATX full-tower case. Been a while since I've done this and this was never really my thing, so forgive my ignorance.

I have two wires/connectors on the case that I'm not sure what they're for:

A male molex connector. Could this be for the fans? The case comes with four fans with external controls that are on top. The fans are all connected via three-prong connectors to wires that are labled for each fan control. I don't see any other wires to connect them individually to the mb.

A SATA connector. Perhaps for the case esata port?

Thanks!

2. replay

replay

the sata cable = esata
    the molex = any lights of any kind in the case?

3. halcour

halcour Thread Starter

No lights.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

From looking at the specs for that case, it has a fan controller. The molex connector plugs into a molex from the pw supply. This is what provides pw for your fans. The fans most likely have 3pin fan connectors that connect to the fan controller.

5. halcour

halcour Thread Starter

Great. Thanks much!

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

No problem. Let us know how your build goes.

7. halcour

halcour Thread Starter

Using my new build now. Went very smooth. This system is awesome. These SSD's are amazing. With a Core i5 quad-core and only 4 gb ram (might up that to 8 gb later) and Win 8 64-bit this thing is blazing. Boots in 25 seconds, programs open and run lickety-split, and my web pages are loading instantaneously, as if I'd doubled my bandwidth.

Very, very pleased.

8. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Glad it is working well for you. A ssd drive is the single biggest boost to performance you can do for a system.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!