Solved: Odd audio difficulties.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

qbsean10

Recently I've been having this problem where if I play any type of audio file in Winamp or WMP I get this distorted scratchy electronic playback as if the file is corrupted. However, if I play the same files on my other computer, they work fine, and additionally, if I load them using some oddball audio editor on this computer like Audacity, they play fine.

I'm having this same issue with all video files as well, where loading them in VLC, WMP, or Winamp results in this corrupted data sound, while if loaded with DivX they play fine. I have no idea what to make of this and if anyone has any ideas on what happened or how to fix it, I'd appreciate it greatly. I've had this same setup for several years and have only started experiencing this in the past week or so.

EDIT: Also, I'd like to note that any videos or sound files played while using Firefox or Internet Explorer work fine, as do all the Windows system sounds.

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
I would try uninstalling the sound driver and reinstalling it, and when re-installing it I would install the latest available sound driver. That shoudl clear out any configuration or corrupt settings and hopefully resolve your issue.

qbsean10

No luck reinstalling the sound drivers, tried it several times to no avail. Internet and system audio works fine, the rest is screwed up.

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
What sound card is it and where did you get the drivers?

You could always buy a cheap PCI sound card.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online