Solved: OE-6 errors

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Fidelista

I have just been experiencing a problem with Outlook Express.
Sometimes when I forward mail with attachment, it "loads" { I can watch the sending bar} and then quits,shows an error. The message remains in the outbox.
I noticed something else. When I delete the affected message to the deleted box , it appears different. Instead of the envelope and paper clip which is normally there , there is also a small "file" icon over the envelope.
Normally I can forward messages with attachments from the deleted items box, but not these. If I click on one of these messeges , Send-- reply--reply all --- grey out--cannot use.
Another thing brought to my attention is sometimes people are recieving multiple messages, sometimes three.
The machine is clear of virus and malware.
A copy of error message below >>>>>>
The SMTP server returned an error. Subject 'Karl' , Account:
'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server
Response: '0 ', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC60.
Probably something simple but I am confused by it. I know what 0x800CCC60
means , but that is little help . I don't know how to prevent it.
Thank you for any help :) >f

Win XP home SP-1

Fidelista

Still don't have any idea why, or how this problem occured, however I did fix it.
Just in case something similar happens to someone else, try this.
In my case , I happen to use Bellsouth.
Delete your account {not Outlook Express} and start over.
You will not lose anything.
a) Open Outlook Express.
b) Click on the Tools menu and then click on Accounts.
c) Click on the Mail tab.
d) Make sure that your Bellsouth account is highlighted and then click on Remove.

To build a new account you will need to:
a) Click on the Tools menu and then click on Accounts.
b) Click on the Add button and then click on Mail.
c) Type in your First and last name and then click Next.
d) Type in your Bellsouth email address in all lower case letters and then click Next.
e) Type mail.bellsouth.net into the Incoming and Outgoing mail server boxes and then click Next.
f) Type in your password and make sure that Login Using Secure Password Authentication is not check marked.
g) Click Next.
h) Click Finish.
i) Click Properties.
j) Click the Servers tab.
k) Put a checkmard next to My Server Requires Authentication.
l) Click Apply and then click OK.
In other words eliminate your account and redo it.

I have no idea why something this simple worked but it did. >f

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online