[SOLVED] OE removing access to attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cadwallader

Hopefully, this is down to my general naivete with the PC. I'm a member of a mailing list and receive attachments on media studies; for various reasons, I had to restore the PC and now Outlook Express has 'removed access to the following unsafe attachments in' my mail. This isn't just a one off and the messages are innocuously titled e.g Results Analysis and Editing Hardware. I assume I've clicked on to something I shouldn't have and would be grateful for any help anyone could give. Thanks.

cybertech

Retired Moderator
In OE go to Tools, Options, Security tab, UN check "Do not allow attachment s to be saved or opened that may potentially be a virus."

Be aware that is will allow all attachments, so be careful of what you open and always keep your antivirus software up to date.

:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts