1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] OE removing access to attachments

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by cadwallader, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cadwallader

cadwallader Thread Starter

Hopefully, this is down to my general naivete with the PC. I'm a member of a mailing list and receive attachments on media studies; for various reasons, I had to restore the PC and now Outlook Express has 'removed access to the following unsafe attachments in' my mail. This isn't just a one off and the messages are innocuously titled e.g Results Analysis and Editing Hardware. I assume I've clicked on to something I shouldn't have and would be grateful for any help anyone could give. Thanks.

2. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

In OE go to Tools, Options, Security tab, UN check "Do not allow attachment s to be saved or opened that may potentially be a virus."

Be aware that is will allow all attachments, so be careful of what you open and always keep your antivirus software up to date.

:)

3. cadwallader

cadwallader Thread Starter

4. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

(y) You're welcome!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165018

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice