1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: OE - reply and forward account selection

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Old Aggie, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Old Aggie

Old Aggie Thread Starter

:confused: I have two email accounts in OE 6. One is the primary and is the selected 'default'. However, when I reply or forward, OE selects the secondary account. It doesn't matter to which acct the mail was addressed. Only new mail gets the 'default' account address. ?? If I click the address bar I get to choose which I want but that is not what I want to do everytime. 90% of time I use the primary. I want the 'default'(primary) to be automatically selected, then if I want to use the secondary I can change to it. I have gone to tools - options - accounts and reselected my primary account/address but no joy. If I select the secondary as the default it is automatic for all three. How do I get my primary 'default' address to be automatically chosen for all three ??

2. throoper

throoper Trusted Advisor

Hi Old Aggie and welcome to TSG.

To set the Default identity, click on File at the top of OE. Go down the menu and click on Identities. Select Manage Identities and you'll get the window I've attached below.
    The top line will be the identity that OE starts with. The second line will set the identity that is used when you click on a link to send an E-mail. When you've got it set the way you want, click OK.
    T.:)

Edit:
    Just reread your post and realized that's probably not what you asked. :eek:
    Check the Properties for each identity,Tools>Accounts>Mail tab>Properties. Make sure the Outgoing Mail is set the same as the Incoming for each account on the Servers tab.

Attached Files:

3. Old Aggie

Old Aggie Thread Starter

Thanks for the "identies" fix. It worked. In fact there was no identity except "Main Identity". I put in my 'MrChipper1' and all is as I wanted.

Many thanks

Old Aggie(y) :)

4. throoper

throoper Trusted Advisor

You're welcome. Glad that worked for you.
    You can mark you're thread solved by clicking on "Thread Tools" at the top of the page.
    T.:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!