1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: OE & Vista.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by frodron, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. frodron

frodron Thread Starter

I hope this is the correct forum, but I am having difficulty in opening attachments from time to time in Outlook Express.
    It seems that OE in my Windows Vista isn't set up to open all attachments.For example I received an attachment today named "AEPP-fleurscohabiter.pps" & I could not open it with OE, but I sent the email to my Yahoo Mail account & it opened it with no problem.
    This has happened with another different attachment before.
    Is it possible to get OE to open every attachment without going through this messing ?

2. tech-win

tech-win

This has to do with Attachment Manager introduced in XP Service Pack 2. Use the solution here.

Unable to open .PPS attachments directly from Outlook Express in Windows XP?:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ppsopen.htm

3. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    There is NO Outlook Express in Vista, it is called "Windows Mail".

I have NOT had any issues in opening an attachment. By default most all types where able to be opened. There are ALWAYS the exception, for those special programs and their files.

Your issues may be the settings with your "Protection" programs, which ones are you running?

Edit, you may want to got the Microsoft site and download the "PowerPoint View".

4. frodron

frodron Thread Starter

You are quite right ,it is Windows Mail, my fault.
    I did what you suggested & downloaded "Powerpoint View" but it didn't work at first, so as I was not running "Powerpoint I installed it, restarted Vista & it worked.
    Many thanks for your help

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759352

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice