1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: OE won't open mail with a click

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Mizti Fied, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mizti Fied

Mizti Fied Thread Starter

This morning when I turned on my PC and went to open my email, suddenly mails won't open with a double-click on the left mouse button as they always have done. I can open them by right clicking and clicking Open on the menu, but not just by double-clicking. I have turned the PC on and off, several times, I have checked the Control Panel, the Mouse setup options, made sure the 'double-click' box is ticked, I have checked the Tools Options menu in Outlook, I have moved the mouse port on the CPU and switched on and off, etc. I have even spent a couple of hours looking on helpsites... I am sure it must be a really really simple thing, but I am admitting defeat. Where do I find the answer to this one, please? Anyone...?

2. Mizti Fied

Outlook Express still won't click-to-open this morning... (I hoped it might be OK after the night resting). I know it is probably something dead small and simple, but can no-one point me in the right direction, please???

3. Benny Bumble

Benny Bumble

It appears that you've done all the right things so far but the question I have> When you go to the control panel & open the mouse icion can you open the little "test" folder with a double clik?
    Ben

4. SirMille

SirMille

As a work around, install Thunderbird and use that as your email client instead of OE.

5. Mizti Fied

Thank you. I knew it was something that simple. But I didn't even realise that the little folder was a 'test' folder, heaven help me. Although I'd checked the click speed on the Mouse Control Panel I had left it a tad higher, it seems, than it should have been. I pushed it a fraction more back down, til the folder opens, and now the mouse seems fine. How it managed to reset itself between Sunday night and Monday morning will forever remain a mystery... I do appreciate the help, Ben.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648205

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice