1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: OE6 Mail Configuration For Multiple Machines

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by keyser.soze, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keyser.soze

keyser.soze Thread Starter

I hope this is an easy one.

I maintain WAY too many e-mail addresses (like most of us), but I have two accounts that I need access to on all of my machines. I know I can configure the mail application to leave messages on the server so I can check (and delete) them from another machine later, but how do I keep OE from downloading the same message over and over?

If I want to check my personal mail account on my work machine, but be able to download the mail at my home, how do I check my accounts at regular intervals without having many copies of the same messages at work?

There has to be a simple solution that I am missing.

2. Augie65

Augie65

Most ISPs have a web mail service. I have Earthlink and can check my mail on the internet and if I want to read or delete the mail before I download it to any of my computers, I can do so from the web.

3. keyser.soze

keyser.soze Thread Starter

Great suggestion, but this won't help me. The server is a company server which IS accessible through a webmail service, but if I use the webmail, I cannot "download" a copy of every message to each machine. I would be reading on one machine and downloading on the other. In OE, I can "check mail" without deleting, which gets me a copy of the messages. The problem I am having is that if I check mail every "x" minutes, I will end up with quite a few copies in an 8 hour day.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/505959

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice