1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Office 2000 Clipart Installation

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by JewisHeritage, Apr 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JewisHeritage

JewisHeritage Thread Starter

Hi Dreamboat;) Gave my son Office 2000 (no not a bootleg stolen copy):rolleyes: ... It is working OK ... The only problem (except that he has no idea what he is doing):confused: .. is that when he uses certain clip art ... he gets a message regarding a file
    dd00341.wmf & that he should insert CD #2. Everything is fine when he inserts this CD .. Also, if he runs the program with CD #2 already inserted .. he does not get this message prompting him to insert the CD #2.

Does this sound like an installation error .. or was the program designed to run with the clip art CD mounted in the drive?

I know that there is a heck of alot of clipart files in that program & was wondering if it was the intention of MS, NOT to clutter your HD with ALL of the clip art files?

Thanx in advance "Darling"!;)

2. Sponsor

3. AirPolgas

AirPolgas

In case it's not, have your son re-install the suite and select "Run All from my Computer" (provided he has space in his hard drive).

The office suite installation, when run typically will only install the most common components - like the damn clippy!

4. RandyG

RandyG

Geoff, that was definitely MS' intentions, believe it or not. AirPolgas has described th eway to do a full install, if you want it all on your hdd. If your son will bedoing this regularly, then it is a good idea, however, if attaching clipart is going to be an irregluar activity, why clutter up your ssytem, when they are all easily available on the CD?

BTW, sorry if you only wanted DB to respond!:D

5. Anne Troy

Anne Troy Anne

Hey JH. They guys have got it right.

If your son has a decent internet connection, however, you might want to suggest he try the clips online anyway. There are sooooo many more clips online than are provided that I feel like he'd be cheating himself by relying on the ones that come with the software.

I'll just take my name off the question title now...

:D

6. JewisHeritage

JewisHeritage Thread Starter

AirPolgas, RandyG & Dreamboat:

Thank You All for you prompt replies!

I have never bothered to install Office 2000 on my system.

Seems they are using it at my son's school & he drove me crazy (not really ... I was always this way);) to purchase it for him.
    Now he is asking me questions about it AFTER I warned him that I knew NOTHING about it .... Go Figure! ... Teens!!:cool:

Thanx Much Again ... Guess you can mark this "Solved" ...

JH

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/78144