1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Office 2003

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by iworld, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iworld

iworld Thread Starter

So I tried to uninstall office 2003 but it didn't work correctly. I still have shortcuts to my desktop which lead to office 2003, and when I click it, it opens up word, or exel or whatever office 2003 program i open! And when I go back into control panel -> add or remove programs, office is still there. I then went into the Program Files Folder, found Office 2003 and deleted each file from there. One file, just one file won't delete (MSOHEV.DLL). Now, there are still office icons on my desktop, but when I open them a "office is trying to install" box is opening. So I deleted the shortcuts, and now every 10 minutes this box saying "office is trying to install" (i'm not sure exacly what the popup says... didn't write it down but thats somewhat of what it says). Now office 2003 was a trial version which i installed a while back on this older computer which I just upgraded. I installed the new Office 2007 hopeing that will make that annoying box go away but sadly it still pops up. Please, can you tell me how I can delete this MSOHEV.DLL file and get rid of these damn office popups!

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Try using the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility to remove the previous Office installation: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
    After installing it, open it and see if you can select Office 2003 from the list of applications to remove.

3. iworld

iworld Thread Starter

Sick it worked. thanx

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539090

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice