1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Office 2007 Home/Student edition & Proofing Tools

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by The Villan, Sep 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Villan

The Villan Thread Starter

I have a question that some of you may be able to answer.

My wife translates from English to Dutch.

She uses Word 2002 which I think is referred to as XP. As such she has no need to use any newer version. However she needs the Dutch Dictionary and requires the Proofing Tools Office XP CD, which is no longer available.

She doesn't need the new interface of 2007, but in order to get the proofing tools, it looks like that is the only way to go.

Questions
    One
    If we purchase the Student edition which is a good price from Amazon, can she use Word in the classic functionality. My wife is a touch typist and uses all the keyboard shortcuts and hardly ever uses the mouse. Its that functionality that she needs. She doesn't have time to learn the new functionality of 2007 and does not want to use mouse techniques as that slows her down so badly.

Two
    Is there a proofing tool for just the English and Dutch languages. The Office Proofing Tools Kit 2007 contains many languages including Dutch, but is very expensive. Anybody got any idea on that?

Thanks for any help

Les

2. The Villan

The Villan Thread Starter

Well I have managed to sort the questions out.

For anybody interested, here are the answers.

It would seem that there isn't a Classic menu structure available. However the keyboard shortcuts that have been with Office since its inception, remain basically the same. Here is a link to all the keyboard shortcuts. http://www.keyxl.com/aaa367b/5/Microsoft-Word-keyboard-shortcuts.htm
    So its hunky Dorey for my wife :)

I was able to purcgase though Microsoft the Dutch Lamguage Tool seperately for €31.05, instead of having to buy the complete Multilanguage version at £150. Here is the link http://buy.trymicrosoftoffice.com/b...&culture=en-gb&resID=tzlz5goHAisAAEXNdBIAAAAV
    All you do is select the language you want and pay the money and you then download the language tool you have paid for. 900MB in size. Took me 9 minutes to download.

Finally for parents who have children going to school or university, you can buy various apps at silly prices (including Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 which includes
    - Microsoft Office Excel 2007
    - Microsoft Office Word 2007
    - Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
    - Microsoft Office Groove 2007
    - Microsoft Office Access 2007
    - Microsoft Office Communicator 2007
    - Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007
    - Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007
    - Microsoft Office OneNote 2007
    - Microsoft Office Publisher 2007)
    All for the princely sum of £35 and you can put it on 2 machines. It is only meant for machines you have at home and Microsoft do checks to make sure that your children do go to the schools/university that you say.

I talked with Microsoft in Reading and vetted this company and they are pucker agents for Microsoft. Here is the link to that company http://www.software4students.co.uk/

Hope that helps anybody interested.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/858634

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice