1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Office 2007 Trial problems

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by JsBGirl, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JsBGirl

JsBGirl Thread Starter

I installed the Office 2007 Trial package - I needed to view a PowerPoint presentation. I have gone through the activation process countless times, but my programs are still running in read only, which is causing me problems not completing work I need to do. I tried to uninstall it, but then all of my original Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) were gone. Can someone tell me how to uninstall it and maintain my original programs or get the crazy thing to activate so I can use my programs? About six months ago I installed it one time to view PowerPoint, but was able to uninstall and retain my original programs. Please help!
    Thanks so much!

2. Krash

Krash

Which edition of Office 2007 trial did you install ? Standard / Home and Student / Professional etc.
    Which programs are running in READ ONLY MODE ?
    What is the version / edition of your "original" Office programs ? (2007 / 2003 / 2002)

You have mentioned that you had installed Powerpoint 6 months ago. Was this a standalone installation ? or was it a part of an Office trial suite ?

Once you install and use a trial version of an Office 2007 product on a computer, if you uninstall it and reinstall it later, it wont give you 60 more days of trial. Its only 60 days from the date of first installation (unless you format your HDD).

So if this is the second time you are trying to install Office 2007 / EXcel 2007, its time to swipe your credit card.

3. JsBGirl

JsBGirl Thread Starter

It was the professional version, because it is my work computer.
    All of them...Outlook, Excel, Word...are running in read only mode.
    I believe the original was 2003 version.
    Ok, I understand what you said about it not allowing it again.
    How can I uninstall it and retain my old programs? When I uninstalled it before it maintained my old programs. Why did it not this time?
    Thanks for your help.

4. Krash

Krash

First time you installed you might have "Retained old versions" of Office applications. So when you removed the trial , the old ones still worked. The second time around , when you installed , you might have replaced the old versions with new 2007 versions. So when you removed the trial , the 2003 was not there any more on the computer for you to roll back to. Ring a bell ?

5. PeterROwen

PeterROwen

Personally, I think it's a dirty trick to replace the old by the new. For example, you might not "get on" with the new version but when you uninstall the new the old has gone. Tough luck you might say, Oh yes, and damnedly expensive at that.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/604562

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice