1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: OFFICE 2012 - Excel gridlines gone

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Duke777, Jan 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke777

Duke777 Thread Starter

When I open a spreadsheet now there are no fridlines. Previously I had solid gray gridlines and after fiddling with the settings I can now produce gray dotted gridlines. See attachment. How do I get default gray solid gridlines?

After hours of research online, I discovered the problem - the contrast brightness setting on my monitor. Problem solved.

Attached Files:

2. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

Strange at it may sound - when you go to select the Grid Line Color, the top bar of the Color Box has a Color Square and says Automatic. Pick the color Red, just to follow this. Now, you will see the color Red in the Gridline Color selection. Select to change the color again, and you will see the same color square you saw before, and the word Automatic. The Color of the square did not change, and does not indicate the color being used. Click on the word Automatic, and you will get the Automatic setting, instead of the dotted gridlines that you get when you select a specific color (like Black). Good Luck.

3. Duke777

Duke777 Thread Starter

Right on the money. Outstanding reply - I never would have figured this out and I have looked all over the internet for this information. Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085049

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice