Solved: Office Updates

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Snoflake

Is it imperative that I update the Office Updates that Microsoft sends when all I have on my machine that is "Office" is the Word and Powerpoint Viewers. Seems like they send some very large files and I really don't want to 'clutter up' my hard drive with files I don't need.:rolleyes:

Thanks for any and all help.

WendyM

Retired Trusted Advisor
Hi Snoflake, welcome to TSG.

Whether or not you install the updates is up to you, but there are sometimes security vulnerabilities, even with just the viewers, that those updates can correct. If you don't want to install the updates, it might be a good idea to occasionally remove the viewers and reinstall them with the most current version from Microsoft, since those versions should contain the same fixes as the updates. Hope that helps.

Snoflake

Wendy, you make very good sense. I'll just unstall the viewers, I rarely use them anyway and just re-install if an occasion to use one arises in the future. Thanks:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online