1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Office XP Pro product #

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by redoak, Aug 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten Thread Starter

I want to buy a "full, retail version" of Office XP Professional. I believe the MS product number is 269-04508. Is this correct? This program is listed for sale at many locations, but not from MS. I want to be sure I do NOT buy an "OEM" version. Thanks.
    {redoak}

2. RandyG

RandyG

Why can't you order from Microsoft?? Maybe you got confused between the Office XP that is no longer for Retail Sale, and Office XP Professional, which still is.

Microsoft® Office XP Professional Edition

Of course, if you can get it cheaper elsewehere, then why not!!

At least the above link confirms that the full version is indeed 269-04508!;):D

3. KHolloman

KHolloman

I am pretty sure you can find it somewhere cheaper than $499

4. RandyG

RandyG

5. KHolloman

KHolloman

Is Openoffice a alternative to Microsoft Office Randy?

BTW..must be cool to live in Ireland....but what made you decide to do it?

6. RandyG

RandyG

OpenOffice is the OpenSource version of Sun's star office suite. It is about 90% compatible with MS formatting, but will open all MS Office docs, xls, etc . . .

There's a good rating at ZDNet which scored it at 8 out of 10!(y)

as to why Ireland . . . my wife is from Dublin, so we decided that after I got out of the military, we would go back, and have been here since '96.;):D

7. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten Thread Starter

Many Thanks to all of you! I found what I was looking for using "PriceGrabber" at as low as $278, $303 and $304. I was unaware of "Open Office" and will certainly check it out. Thanks for the tip. {redoak}

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/257873

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice