1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: OK I've looked everywhere on this site...

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by SymphonicX, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SymphonicX

SymphonicX Thread Starter

Well at least 35 pages of the Vista forum - and whilst I've got a few things to think about I was wondering if anyone could supply a direct answer to this problem:

My mouse and keyboard will routinely lag, the keyboard in particular just spits out tons of letters when pressing the same letter twice (pressing it once does nothing) and the mouse is slow and sluggish - the actual computer seems to run OK in the back ground with me being able to start media centre slideshows and even wait for downloads to finish before anything else...I'm miffed. Sometimes its fine though, sometimes it'll freeze completely - although I have a feeling when it freezes this is due to video hardware problems within vista but I don't really know

I have a suspicion its the wireless keyboard and mouse that I have attached to it - sometimes event viewer shows a mouse driver error....here are my specs

AMD AM2 X2 (dual core) 3800
    2GB (2 x 1Gb) DDR2 RAM
    320Gb SATA-II hard drive
    Black DVD ReWriter (Dual layer)
    Nvidia Geforce 8600 gts video card
    7.1 Channel High Definition audio

Has anyone else had this problem? know how to fix it? has there been repeated problems with wireless mouse and keyboard devices behaving like this? You'd be saving my computer from a long walk off a short bridge!!

btw i am running Vista 32bit home premium

many thanks
    T

2. ultirian

ultirian

This ususaly happens with wireless keyboards if

1) they are running low on battery
    2) there is somthing sending the same freq. as the device.

My suggestion is to try a wired mouse/keyboard :)

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

Also double check that bios shows enabled for usb keyboard and mouse as sometimes they come defaulted as disabled and they will still work but not really well.

4. SymphonicX

SymphonicX Thread Starter

Thanks guys, you helped no end - unfortunately though the harddisk lag and crash was unrelated to the mouse lag - so even though after I got rid of the wireless devices it would still conk out on me! I've now reinstalled Vista and so far, so good - just gotta locate the drivers for the rest of my stuff...argh!

Cheers once again :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597330

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice