1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: OL 2000 dupl email when sending to self

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by mooodyman, Jul 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mooodyman

mooodyman Thread Starter

hi, XP Home, Outlook 2000

when forwarding an email by sending to myself and bcc to recipients, I always get 2 of the email back to me, when I think I should only get 1 :rolleyes:

any ideas?

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi mooodyman

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

How many copies do you end up with if you Forward the message to yourself without bcc to anyone else?

If you still end up with two copies, I think we are back to your Rules.

3. mooodyman

mooodyman Thread Starter

EA, thx for sticking with me. Yes, when I send an email to myself ONLY, I get 2 emails as you thought.

I'm reading like crazy. If need be, I will delete them all and reconfigure until I get the right combination of rules to work.

Probably easier to work on rules sending to myself as I get instant test results.

Will be in touch. Of course both my posts are related, so I'll be happy to make them "solved" soon. I've had this situation for ever it seems, but I just came across this forum and I am glad I did.

Cheers

4. mooodyman

mooodyman Thread Starter

Well EA, I'm long in the tooth (6:46 a.m. EST) and have been at this all night.

I hate to lose :mad:

BUT GOOD NEWS, at least for the duplicates sending self to self it was as simple as ELIMINATING the rule I had set up entirely!! :eek:

Many thanks for the support on this one, now to resolve the other folder issue... the tale continues.

Cheers

5. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Glad to hear it!

Persistence will eventually win out. :rolleyes:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/381744

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice