Solved: OL 2000 dupl email when sending to self

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mooodyman

hi, XP Home, Outlook 2000

when forwarding an email by sending to myself and bcc to recipients, I always get 2 of the email back to me, when I think I should only get 1 :rolleyes:

any ideas?

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi mooodyman

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

How many copies do you end up with if you Forward the message to yourself without bcc to anyone else?

If you still end up with two copies, I think we are back to your Rules.

mooodyman

EA, thx for sticking with me. Yes, when I send an email to myself ONLY, I get 2 emails as you thought.

I'm reading like crazy. If need be, I will delete them all and reconfigure until I get the right combination of rules to work.

Probably easier to work on rules sending to myself as I get instant test results.

Will be in touch. Of course both my posts are related, so I'll be happy to make them "solved" soon. I've had this situation for ever it seems, but I just came across this forum and I am glad I did.

Cheers

mooodyman

Well EA, I'm long in the tooth (6:46 a.m. EST) and have been at this all night.

I hate to lose :mad:

BUT GOOD NEWS, at least for the duplicates sending self to self it was as simple as ELIMINATING the rule I had set up entirely!! :eek:

Many thanks for the support on this one, now to resolve the other folder issue... the tale continues.

Cheers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online