Solved: OLD puter will not boot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cutnhare

hi guys.....again..... trying to fix an old , and I mean "OLD" comp for a friend... the original HD has a longer/wider cable, and she wants to upgrade all I have is a 10 gig, she's ok with that but I keep getting HDD error and drive A is not ready and will not read any disk inserted... I would say throw it away and start over but she is unable, it has 98 and support for a normal cable but can't seem to get it to boot it says I need to run set up... did that to.. any ideas?
thanks, Terri

cutnhare

everything on it is a 94-96 best I can tell it was peiced together, if it were a motorcycle they call it a rat bike.... trying to install the 10 gig.. boot page says
american megatrends, amibios (C)1994 american megatrends inc. july 1994 mb1433/40/50uiv 24192kb bios v1.02
(c) 1995 adapec, inc.
then-- press ctrl =a for scsiselect (tm) utility
primary HDD error
run setuP f1....
then mega trends #
40-p301-001223-0010111-072594-umc498-h.... thats the entire page at the end....hope that makes sense to you it sure don't to me.... sorry...
T

I think that is a 486 CPU motherboard and a 10GB drive is probably a foreign concept to its BIOS. You might be able to get somewhere with a BIOS update and/or overlay software, but it's not anything that I've tried. So I'll pass this along to someone else.

cutnhare

thanks.... gonna put 'er all back the way it came and say the same thing... : )~
thanks again

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online